Abbott provided schedule management and cost consulting services to the Sarnia communities’ first public hospital, which was opened in 1896 (originally named Sarnia General Hospital). This was a redevelopment project that included an addition of 325,000 sqft. that provided for a new surgical center and significantly larger emergency facility to handle the adjacent surrounding areas. While this new space was being built, the existing hospital remained completely operational. Subsequently, the existing 145,000 sqft. was renovated, while the hospital serviced out of the new space. Spanning decades, BlueWater Health has stood as a ‘hub’ for an entire district to service outlying rural hospitals within the region, and with Abbott’s help, they continue to do so.