- Location: Nationwide
- Industry: Transporation
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Job Functions: Senior Scheduler
Why Join Us
At Abbott, we believe the diversity of our professional and personal life experiences helps us build strong relationships with both our corporate clients and local communities. We build and retain the best talent, by valuing recognition and mutual respect between colleagues. These factors blend to create an energetic and positive environment, where ready support and collaboration flow seamlessly. Our culture stands on the firm foundation of the integrity, tenacity and loyalty of our people, as they are among the most highly respected industry leaders.
Abbott is a fully integrated project and program management consultancy firm, working across all sectors of the built environment. Our mission is to help move the world forward one project at a time. We strongly encourage creativity and passion, consistently building connections, and creating confidence that transforms vision into reality.
Our team of world-renowned professionals combine a wealth of experience and technical expertise, allowing Abbott to handle some of the most complex projects effectively and deliver the best possible outcomes for our clients. We see our team members as the core of our organization, driving results through dedication, focus, and clarity.
What you will do…
Abbott is currently searching for a highly talented Senior Schedule Manager. Senior Schedule Managers are indispensable members to our projects teams delivering complex projects across the nation. As a Senior Schedule Manager you will be the the primary leader for scheduling efforts for one or more of our projects across the country.
- Develop and update summary level as well as detailed schedules
- Develop lists of design, procurement, construction and post construction activities based on review of design documents, examination of site conditions and discussions with Owners, design consultants and contractors.
- Identify major milestones, critical approvals and long lead procurement items
- Determine reasonable schedule logic and constrains based on discussion with tasks owners and/or teams
- Develop realistic activity durations based on production rate and available manpower based on discussion with task owners and/or teams
- Assign resources (cost, labor and material) to activities and develops cash flow reports and resource histograms
- Evaluate critical and near critical path activity sequences
- Assess actual progress based on site inspections
- Identify schedule changes and trends
- Develop earned value reports
- Suggest corrective actions and/or develop recovery plans when delays are anticipate or occur
- Review and comment on schedules prepared by architect, contractor and alternate vendors
- Prepare post construction as-built schedules and lessons learned reports
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction, Quantity Surveying or Seven years of transportation field experience
- 5+ years as scheduler on capital projects including design, and construction phases, less experience may be considered with strong related experience.
- Knowledge and experience with appropriate construction processes, means and methods. Specifically, must have an understanding of CPM (Critical Path Method) concepts and calculations
- Previous experience in transportation projects, preferred
- Strong understanding of earned value concepts, calculations and rules of credit
- Proficiency in Primavera scheduling products (P6) and report preparation skills
- Must thoroughly understand and utilize Information Technology in the performance of work including Internet, Microsoft Windows OS, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project and Primavera P6
- Certification with AACE, PMI or CMAA is preferred.
- Willingness to Travel throughout the country as project needs dictate.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to lead, train and manage direct reports
- Strong leadership skills, communication and relationship-management skills including ability to delegate, instill confidence in self and others, inspiring others and commanding respect as well as well as accept feedback.
- Self-motivated, organized team player with ability to manage work priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to develop relationship with and effectively manage all parties.
We offer a work environment that rewards our people both inside and outside the office. Abbott provides everything you need to turn your vision into reality, including but not limited to work life balance and supporting your personal wellbeing. More details will be provided in your employment agreement.
Abbott Respects Your Privacy
Note to Staffing Agencies
In the event that a recruiter or recruitment agency who is not already on Abbott’s preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, Abbott will explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or recruitment agency.