- Locations: New York
- Industry: Development
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Job Functions: Cost Management
Why Join Us
At Abbott, we believe the diversity of our professional and personal life experiences helps us build strong relationships with both our corporate clients and local communities. We build and retain the best talent, by valuing recognition and mutual respect between colleagues. These factors blend to create an energetic and positive environment, where ready support and collaboration flow seamlessly. Our culture stands on the firm foundation of the integrity, tenacity and loyalty of our people, as they are among the most highly respected industry leaders.
Abbott is a fully integrated project and program management consultancy firm, working across all sectors of the built environment. Our mission is to help move the world forward one project at a time. We strongly encourage creativity and passion, consistently building connections, and creating confidence that transforms vision into reality.
Our team of world-renowned professionals combine a wealth of experience and technical expertise, allowing Abbott to handle some of the most complex projects effectively and deliver the best possible outcomes for our clients. We see our team members as the core of our organization, driving results through dedication, focus, and clarity.
What you will do…
Abbott is currently searching for highly talented construction Senior Cost Managers. Senior Cost Managers are indispensable members of our project teams delivering complex projects across the nation. As a Senior Cost Manager you will be the main leader for budgeting and cost modeling efforts for one or more of our projects in the New York City area.
- Developing and maintaining project cost models throughout design–conceptual budgets, detailed estimates including forecasted scope, and comprehensive estimates with inputs from general contractor and their subcontractors
- Spearheading presentation of cost models to client and designer counterparts, including reconciliation and validation of construction managers estimates relative to scope, inclusions/exclusions, and cost
- Managing additional internal estimating resources during periods of peak demand, but also standing capably as an independent cost manager on an every-day basis
- Actively participating in the design process and design review cycles, including engaged participation in stakeholder meetings, suggesting value-driving options, and managing cost inputs to design
- Providing timely feedback on budget requests from stakeholders, both internal and external
- Monitoring cost risks and cost savings opportunities associated with ongoing design
- Assisting with the development of scopes of work for procurement
- Soliciting and analyzing contractor budgets and bids
- Establish and Maintain good client relationships
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g. Business, Economics, Construction, Engineering, Architecture, etc.)
- 8+ years relevant work experience managing a project budgets and/or developing cost models throughout the construction process
- Previous experience in Development projects, preferred
- Experience managing contractor bid process
- Experience in leadership and managing staff
- Certification with AACE, PMI or CMAA is preferred.
- Willingness to Travel throughout the country as project needs dictate.
Skills & Abilities
- Strong knowledge of cost management principles and practices
- Ability to prepare cost estimates for construction process based on working knowledge of construction/building systems and leveraging historical cost data when appropriate
- Ability to develop and manage comprehensive, detailed cost project cost models
- Ability to interface with and communicate cost implications to various project stakeholders, including executive leadership, both internal and external
- Strong leadership, communication and relationship-management skills
- Ability to train and manage direct reports
- Ability to participate in pursuit efforts–procurement strategy, proposals, budgets, bids, etc.
- Self-motivated, organized team player with ability to manage work priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to develop relationships with and effectively manage all parties.
We offer a work environment that rewards our people both inside and outside the office. Abbott provides everything you need to turn your vision into reality, including but not limited to work life balance and supporting your personal wellbeing. More details will be provided in your employment agreement.
Abbott respects your Privacy
Note to Staffing Agencies
In the event that a recruiter or recruitment agency who is not already on Abbott’s preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, Abbott will explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or recruitment agency.