- Location: Providence, Rhode Island
- Industry: Oil, Gas & Chemicals
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Job Functions: Scheduler
Why Join Us
At Abbott, we believe the diversity of our professional and personal life experiences helps us build strong relationships with both our corporate clients and local communities. We build and retain the best talent, by valuing recognition and mutual respect between colleagues. These factors blend to create an energetic and positive environment, where ready support and collaboration flow seamlessly. Our culture stands on the firm foundation of the integrity, tenacity and loyalty of our people, as they are among the most highly respected industry leaders. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that encourages growth, flexibility, and personal development.
Abbott is a fully integrated project and program management consultancy firm, working across all sectors of the built environment. Our mission is to help move the world forward one project at a time. We strongly encourage creativity and passion, consistently building connections, and creating confidence that transforms vision into reality.
Our team of world-renowned professionals combine a wealth of experience and technical expertise, allowing Abbott to handle some of the most complex projects effectively and deliver the best possible outcomes for our clients. We see our team members as the core of our organization, driving results through dedication, focus, and clarity.
What you will do…
Abbott is currently searching for a highly talented Schedule Manager. Schedule Managers are indispensable members of our project teams delivering complex projects across the nation. As a Schedule Manager, you will be the primary leader for scheduling efforts for one or more of our projects across the country.
- Develop and update summary level as well as detailed schedules.
- Identify major milestones and critical approvals dates
- Determine reasonable schedule logic and constraints based on discussions with task owners and/or teams.
- Develop realistic activity durations based on production rate and available manpower based on discussions with task owners and/or teams.
- Assign resources (cost, labor, and material) to activities and develops cash flow reports and resource histograms.
- Evaluate critical and near-critical path activity sequences.
- Assess actual progress based on-site inspections.
- Identify schedule changes and trends.
- Suggest corrective actions and/or develop recovery plans when delays are anticipated or occur.
- Review and comment on schedules prepared by contractors and alternate vendors.
- Prepare lessons learned reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction, Quantity Surveying or Seven years of education field experience
- 5+ years as a scheduler on capital projects including design, and construction phases, less experience may be considered with strong related experience.
- Knowledge and experience with appropriate construction processes, means, and methods. Specifically, must have an understanding of CPM (Critical Path Method) concepts and calculations.
- Previous experience in oil, gas & chemical projects, preferred.
- Strong understanding of earned value concepts, calculations, and rules of credit.
- Proficiency in Primavera scheduling products (P6) and report preparation skills
- Must thoroughly understand and utilize Information Technology in the performance of work including Internet, Microsoft Windows OS, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project and Primavera P6
- Certification with AACE, PMI, or CMAA is preferred.
- Willingness to Travel throughout the country as project needs dictate.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to lead, train and manage direct reports.
- Strong leadership skills, communication, and relationship-management skills including the ability to delegate, instill confidence in self and others, inspire others and command respect as well as accept feedback.
- Self-motivated, organized team player with the ability to manage work priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to develop relationships with and effectively manage all parties.
We offer a work environment that rewards our people both inside and outside the office. Abbott provides everything you need to turn your vision into reality. From an on-site fitness center and bike share to flexible hours and medical plans, Abbott supports a healthy work-life balance and prioritizes the personal well-being of our employees. More details will be provided in your employment agreement.
*Benefits and perks mentioned above may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Abbott and the location where you work.
Abbott Respects Your Privacy
Note to Staffing Agencies
In the event that a recruiter or recruitment agency who is not already on Abbott’s preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, Abbott will explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or recruitment agency.