- Location: Washington, DC
- Industry: Healthcare
- Employment Type: Full-time
- Job Functions: Project Management
Why Join Us
At Abbott, we believe the diversity of our professional and personal life experiences helps us build strong relationships with our corporate clients and local communities. We build and retain the best talent, by valuing recognition and mutual respect between colleagues. These factors blend to create an energetic and positive environment, where ready support and collaboration flow seamlessly. Our culture stands on the firm foundation of integrity, tenacity, and loyalty of our people, as they are among the most highly respected industry leaders. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that encourages growth, flexibility, and personal development. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that encourages growth, flexibility, and personal development.
Abbott is a fully integrated project and program management consultancy firm, working across all sectors of the built environment. Our mission is to help move the world forward one project at a time. We strongly encourage creativity and passion, consistently building connections, and creating confidence that transforms vision into reality.
Our team of world-renowned professionals combines a wealth of experience and technical expertise, allowing Abbott to handle large complex projects effectively and deliver the best possible outcomes for our clients. We see our team members as the core of our organization, driving results through dedication, focus, and clarity.
What you will do…
Abbott is currently searching for highly talented Construction Project Managers. Project Managers are indispensable members of our project teams delivering complex projects across the nation. As a Project Manager you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing and ensuring all facets of the project are constructed in accordance with design, budget, and schedule through subordinate managers and supervisors.
- Overseeing contractor meetings and coordinates with clients to guide project initiatives such as sustainability, constructability, commissioning, phasing, and timing of project elements.
- Responsible for administering the project from the budgeting/schedule stage through procurement and contract closeout.
- Manage construction schedule, capital construction budgets, and oversee the quality of execution.
- Financial management of the entire project- establish & manage project budgets (including hard and soft costs), maintain monthly forecasts and cash flow analysis, prepare anticipated cost reports and any other reports as required by the client.
- Provide construction cost/benefit analysis as required.
- Negotiate Contracts
- Evaluate and propose alternative project delivery strategies for different components of the program that might offer cost, schedule, quality, and coordination benefits.
- Extensive interface with architects, client staff, property managers, and vendors.
- Provide an appropriate level of on-site supervision to ensure project performance criteria are being met.
- May oversee several projects within an assigned area.
- Maintain client relationships and manage conflict resolution.
- Acts as the owner’s representative on behalf of the client throughout the entire lifecycle of the project.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized College or University. Preference towards a Degree in Architecture, Engineering and Construction Management or related field. A combination of education and work experience may also be considered instead of a degree.
- 5 years of experience in managing projects for a healthcare institution.
- Proficient with expert knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience utilizing eBuilder
- Willingness to travel throughout the country as project needs dictate.
Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrates high energy for the business, ability to energize others, and the willingness to take risks and make tough decisions.
- Knowledge and experience with appropriate construction processes, means, and methods.
- Ability to be proactive, respectful, have a positive attitude, and be able to gain the trust of others
- Strong leadership, communication, and relationship management skills
- Self-motivated, organized team player with the ability to manage work priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to develop relationships with and effectively manage all parties.
We offer a work environment that rewards our people both inside and outside the office. Abbott provides everything you need to turn your vision into reality. From an on-site fitness center and bike share to flexible hours and medical plans, Abbott supports a healthy work life balance and prioritizes the personal wellbeing of our employees. More details will be provided in your employment agreement.
*Benefits and perks mentioned above may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Abbott and the location where you work.
Abbott respects your Privacy
Note to Staffing Agencies
In the event that a recruiter or recruitment agency who is not already on Abbott’s preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, Abbott will explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or recruitment agency.