- Locations: Houston, Texas
- Industry: LNG
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Job Functions: Project Controls
Why Join Us
At Abbott, we believe the diversity of our professional and personal life experiences helps us build strong relationships with our corporate clients and local communities. We build and retain the best talent, by valuing recognition and mutual respect between colleagues. These factors blend to create an energetic and positive environment, where ready support and collaboration flow seamlessly. Our culture stands on the firm foundation of integrity, tenacity and loyalty of our people, as they are among the most highly respected industry leaders. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that encourages growth, flexibility, and personal development.
Abbott is a fully integrated project and program management consultancy firm, working across all sectors of the built environment. Our mission is to help move the world forward one project at a time. We strongly encourage creativity and passion, consistently building connections, and creating confidence that transforms vision into reality.
Our team of world-renowned professionals combine a wealth of experience and technical expertise, allowing Abbott to handle large complex projects effectively and deliver the best possible outcomes for our clients. We see our team members as the core of our organization, driving results through dedication, focus, and clarity.
What you will do…
Abbott is looking for a skilled Project Controls Manager, an indispensable member of our project teams delivering complex projects across the nations. In this role you will be responsible for the following.
- Manage the establishment of contractor requirements through early supply chain engagement to support the time, cost, and quality targets of the program of works and monthly business reporting.
- Work closely with the Head of Project Controls to improve/sustain operating policies to mitigate risk throughout the project and take a lead in the monitoring of risk policy adherence.
- Support the Head of Projects Controls by providing specialist advice and technical knowledge to respond to delays, issues, and other challenges throughout the project.
- Lead periodic correlation of schedule, cost, quality and risk to drive expedient project delivery.
- Lead the coordination and communication of the period reporting cycle ensuring correlation to the Phase’s executive reporting lifecycle.
- Lead business reporting taking ownership for its quality and robustness and provide periodic project progress updates to the head of Project Controls and other senior stakeholders as required.
- Sustain governance processes and review policies in order ensure they are in line with strategic project objectives.
- Lead a team by setting individuals objectives, review performance, undertaking appraisals and providing on-going feedback on a formal and informal basis, to ensure all parties are aware of what they are required to achieve and how they are performing against their objectives.
- Establish and Maintain good client relationships.
- Serve as a key participant and/or contractor negotiations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field experience
- 5+ years of experience in the development/analysis/oversight of construction project controls
- Previous experience in Heavy Civil / Industrial projects preferred.
- Knowledge of theories, principles, and practices of cost/schedule management, scope control, earned value management, change management, forecasting, and risk assessment.
- Requires demonstrated experience working through the entire project life cycle to effectively lead the project controls function on a large/complex project.
- Experience with Industry related software tools, such as Deltek, BIM, CMIC, and Primavera P6
- Certification with AACE, PMI, or CMAA is preferred.
- Willingness to travel domestically throughout the as project needs dictate, up to 90% of the time.
Skills & Abilities
- Must thoroughly understand and utilize Information Technology in the performance of work including Internet, Microsoft Windows OS, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project and Primavera P6
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership and mentoring skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements and situations.
We offer a work environment that rewards our people both inside and outside the office. Abbott provides everything you need to turn your vision into reality. From an on-site fitness center and bike share to flexible hours and medical plans, Abbott supports a healthy work life balance and prioritizes the personal wellbeing of our employees. More details will be provided in your employment agreement.
*Benefits and perks mentioned above may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Abbott and the location where you work.
Abbott respects your Privacy.
Note to Staffing Agencies
In the event that a recruiter or recruitment agency who is not already on Abbott’s preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, Abbott will explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or recruitment agency