- Location: Houston
- Industry: Mining
- Employment Type: Full-time
- Job Functions: Mechanical Inspector
Why Join Us
At Abbott, we believe the diversity of our professional and personal life experiences helps us build strong relationships with our corporate clients and local communities. We build and retain the best talent, by valuing recognition and mutual respect between colleagues. These factors blend to create an energetic and positive environment, where ready support and collaboration flow seamlessly. Our culture stands on the firm foundation of integrity, tenacity and loyalty of our people, as they are among the most highly respected industry leaders.
Abbott is a fully integrated project and program management consultancy firm, working across all sectors of the built environment. Our mission is to help move the world forward one project at a time. We strongly encourage creativity and passion, consistently building connections, and creating confidence that transforms vision into reality. Our team of world-renowned professionals combine a wealth of experience and technical expertise, allowing Abbott to handle large complex projects effectively and deliver the best possible outcomes for our clients. We see our team members as the core of our organization, driving results through dedication, focus, and clarity.
What you will do…
Abbott is looking for a skilled E&I Inspector, an indispensable member of our project teams delivering complex projects across the nation. In this role, you will be responsible for the following.
- Provide Oversight and surveillance of Mechanical activities
- Assure the client’s policies and procedures are implemented throughout the project
- Promote Quality assurance of work
- Arrange and Conduct drawing audits on field drawings to ensure that the drawings being used are the most current revision.
- Liasan between clients and contractors monitor safety
- monitor installation and testing of electrical and instrumentation equipment
- Ensure testing and test results of examinations are in compliance
- Review and monitor documentation and provide feedback.
- Prepare Reports and submit as requested.
- Establish and Maintain good client relationships
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field experience
- 8+ years of experience in related field required
- Minimum of 5 years of field QA/QC experience required
- Previous experience in Mining, preffered.
- Experience with Industry related software tools, such as Deltek, BIM, CMIC, and Primavera P6
- Certification as an Inspector
- Willingness to travel throughout the country as project needs dictate. (Mandatory)
Skills & Abilities
- Must thoroughly understand and utilize Information Technology in the performance of work including Internet, Microsoft Windows OS, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project and Primavera P6
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership and mentoring skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements and situations.
We offer a work environment that rewards our people both inside and outside the office. Abbott provides everything you need to turn your vision into reality, including but not limited to work life balance and supporting your personal wellbeing. More details will be provided in your employment agreement.
Abbott respects your Privacy
Note to Staffing agencies
In the event that a recruiter or recruitment agency who is not already on Abbott’s preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, Abbott will explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or recruitment agency.