- Location: Denver, Colorado
- Industry: Corporate
- Employment Type: Full-time
- Job Functions: Construction Project Manager
Why Join Us
At Abbott, we believe the diversity of our professional and personal life experiences helps us build strong relationships with our corporate clients and local communities. We build and retain the best talent, by valuing recognition and mutual respect between colleagues. These factors blend to create an energetic and positive environment, where ready support and collaboration flow seamlessly. Our culture stands on the firm foundation of integrity, tenacity and loyalty of our people, as they are among the most highly respected industry leaders. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that encourages growth, flexibility, and personal development.
Abbott is a fully integrated project and program management consultancy firm, working across all sectors of the built environment. Our mission is to help move the world forward one project at a time. We strongly encourage creativity and passion, consistently building connections, and creating confidence that transforms vision into reality.
Our team of world-renowned professionals combine a wealth of experience and technical expertise, allowing Abbott to handle large complex projects effectively and deliver the best possible outcomes for our clients. We see our team members as the core of our organization, driving results through dedication, focus, and clarity.
What you will do…
Abbott is looking for a skilled Construction Project Manager, an indispensable member of our project teams delivering complex projects across the nation. In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Provide construction project management service in Denver, Colorado Metropolitan area
- Provide project management, design management, and construction coordination services for multiple projects that may have different funding sources. Projects can entail restoration, modernization, asbestos, abatement, demolition, and construction of offices, laboratory environments, and secure working areas.
- Tasks Requested may include but not limited to
- Pre-construction site study and inventory
- Design/Constructibility reviews
- Cost Estimating utilizing RS Means
- Assist with statement of work development
- Review and provide recommendations on change orders/contract modifications
- Prepare/Review as-built drawings at the end of construction and provide them to the client.
- Monitor designer’s performance for compliance with contract terms and conditions
- Utilize good judgment and initiative in making recommendations on problems encountered and develop recommendations to resolve issues. Provide findings and recommendations to the client.
- Coordinate pre-final /final inspections and assist in punch lists development
- Assist in project coordination between the client, stakeholders, outside agencies, and contractors and their representatives
- Maintain accurate project folders with appropriate support documentation
- Process submittals documents and other contract documentation for the client and/or other representatives.
- Review “Requests for Information” from the contractor and prepare responses for the client. Identify potential schedule and/or cost impacts and communicate risk with the client.
- Inform client on known or potential engineering issues associated with the projects and prepare documentation for discussion.
- Accurately maintain contractual and financial documentation, specifications, cost estimates, field notes, and inspection records.
- Assist in the validation of contractor invoices. Track budget and financial spend plan monthly.
- Provide technical consultation services. Review plans and specifications for accuracy and completeness at various stages of development. Provide report to the client.
- Attend contract bid openings, pre-construction conferences, and fire and safety conferences to provide needed information to clarify technical portions of specifications and plans.
- Assist engineers in the formulation of plans and specifications, if necessary
- Prepare and update project CPM Schedule in MS Project
- A Degree in Architecture, Engineering, and Construction is desired but may be substituted with experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of practical experience in construction management and oversight.
- Knowledge of theories, principles, and practices of cost/schedule management, scope control, earned value management, change management, forecasting, and risk assessment.
- Requires demonstrated experience working through the entire project life cycle to effectively lead the project controls function on a large/complex project.
- Experience with varying levels of cost estimating, including budgeting and producing detailed cost estimates.
- Experience with Industry related software tools, such as Microsoft Office, MS Project, and AutoCAD.
- The employee must wear clothing/shoes and other safety equipment as required by Regulating agencies and client while performing duties on the construction site.
- The employee must be able to work in and navigate a construction environment.
- Employee shall always maintain a professional demeanor onsite.
- Work hours may vary. Include an average of 45 hours per week, exceeding 50 hours a week is not anticipated.
- Willingness to travel throughout the country as project needs dictate.
Skills & Abilities
- Must thoroughly understand and utilize Information Technology in the performance of work including Internet, Microsoft Windows OS, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project, and AutoCAD to prepare and modify documents.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements and situations.
We offer a work environment that rewards our people both inside and outside the office. Abbott provides everything you need to turn your vision into reality. From an on-site fitness center and bike share to flexible hours and medical plans, Abbott supports a healthy work life balance and prioritizes the personal wellbeing of our employees. More details will be provided in your employment agreement.
*Benefits and perks mentioned above may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Abbott and the location where you work.
Abbott respects your Privacy
Note to Staffing Agencies
In the event that a recruiter or recruitment agency who is not already on Abbott’s preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, Abbott will explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or recruitment agency.