- Location: Washington DC
- Industry: Mining
- Employment Type: Full-time
- Job Functions: Civil Inspector
Why Join Us
At Abbott, we believe the diversity of our professional and personal life experiences helps us build strong relationships with our corporate clients and local communities. We build and retain the best talent, by valuing recognition and mutual respect between colleagues. These factors blend to create an energetic and positive environment, where ready support and collaboration flow seamlessly. Our culture stands on the firm foundation of integrity, tenacity and loyalty of our people, as they are among the most highly respected industry leaders.
Abbott is a fully integrated project and program management consultancy firm, working across all sectors of the built environment. Our mission is to help move the world forward one project at a time. We strongly encourage creativity and passion, consistently building connections, and creating confidence that transforms vision into reality. Our team of world-renowned professionals combine a wealth of experience and technical expertise, allowing Abbott to handle large complex projects effectively and deliver the best possible outcomes for our clients. We see our team members as the core of our organization, driving results through dedication, focus, and clarity.
What you will do…
Abbott is looking for a skilled E&I Inspector, an indispensable member of our project teams delivering complex projects across the nation. In this role you will be responsible for the following.
- Perform regular field visits to active construction sites, complying with all relevant field safety procedures
- Verify daily construction activities
- Ensure contractor’s work adheres to design and contract requirements
- Produce daily field reports including photographs to document progress
- Review Contractor’s construction procedures and test results for compliance
- Perform field oversight review of contractor’s activities for compliance with construction quality procedures
- Monitor contractor’s adherence to project schedule and proactively identify and report schedule challenges
- Liaise with the contractor and client representatives
- Respond to project inquiries and attend design and progress meetings as required
- Assist with the documentation and resolution of non-compliant construction activities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field experience
- 5+ years of experience in civil construction observations and/or combination of design and construction experience.
- Previous experience in Mining, preferred.
- Experience with Industry related software tools, such as Deltek, BIM, CMIC, and Primavera P6
- Willingness to travel throughout the country as project needs dictate. (Mandatory)
Skills & Abilities
- Must thoroughly understand and utilize Information Technology in the performance of work including Internet, Microsoft Windows OS, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project and Primavera P6
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership and mentoring skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements and situations.
We offer a work environment that rewards our people both inside and outside the office. Abbott provides everything you need to turn your vision into reality, including but not limited to work-life balance and supporting your personal wellbeing. More details will be provided in your employment agreement.
Note to Staffing Agencies
In the event that a recruiter or recruitment agency who is not already on Abbott’s preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, Abbott will explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or recruitment agency.